Where should I stay in Costa Rica for the first time?
Manuel Antonio is probably the most tourist friendly destination in the country, making it one of the best places in Costa Rica for first time visitors. You can find all the services like ATMs, car rentals, banks, tour desks and souvenir shops. There are many buses that go to the national park and to town.
Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
Places to Avoid in Costa Rica
- Areas in San Jose: While San Jose is Costa Rica’s most popular tourist city, there are areas that you should avoid. …
- Quepos (gateway): Quite a few robberies have been happening in Quepos, a small town which acts as the gateway to the Manuel Antonio National Park.
What is the nicest part of Costa Rica?
The Best Places to Visit in Costa Rica
- Puerto Viejo. Located on the Caribbean coast near Panama, Puerto Viejo is popular with young people and backpackers because of its great beaches, surfing, and party atmosphere. …
- Cahuita. …
- Tortuguero. …
- Corcovado. …
- Arenal. …
- Manuel Antonio. …
- Monteverde. …
- Poas Volcano.
Is it better to visit San Jose or Liberia Costa Rica?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
What I wish I knew before going to Costa Rica?
Things to Know Before Traveling to Costa Rica
Traffic is insane. Pack sunscreen and bug repellent. Always pack a raincoat. Don’t worry, you’re not traveling to a deserted jungle.
Which side of Costa Rica has better beaches?
Costa Rica’s most beautiful beaches are located in northwest Costa Rica (Guanacaste, the Nicoya Peninsula) and the southern Caribbean (Puerto Viejo, Cahuita). In both regions you’ll find light sand, warm tropical water, and — when conditions are right — great surfing.
Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
The preferred spots for celebrities are: Papagayo Gulf in Guanacaste, Santa Teresa and Mal País in the South Pacific, Mel Gibson’s estate is located in Playa Barrigona, Guanacaste, some have been spotted in the area of La Fortuna de San Carlos, the remote and secluded Osa Península is a perfect area, and others in …
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft. …
- Go to the beach at night. …
- Buy drugs. …
- Speed. …
- Swim in front of a surf break. …
- Take a dip in the river. …
- Think you can get a base tan. …
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
What area of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
4. Safest Beaches in Costa Rica: Where Can You Swim? With the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea pounding the other side, Costa Rica’s beaches are famous for having big waves and fast currents. These are perfect for surfing, but not so much for gentle, safe swimming.
Where in Costa Rica did the Kardashians stay?
The Kardashians came to Costa Rica in June 2019 and stayed at Villa Manzu on the Papagayo Peninsula. They featured the trip in their Keeping Up with the Kardashians reality show, in which Kim revealed that her six-year-old daughter North wanted to live in Costa Rica.
What are the best months to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches. That said, the dry season is the most popular (and expensive) time to visit.
Is Liberia Costa Rica worth visiting?
No it’s not dangerous at all, it’s an amazing place, and yes it’s far from Manuel Antonio, a lot further than San Jose, but in reality if you make the trip from Libera to Manuel Antonio you can run across some amazing beaches and places to enjoy.
Where can I base myself in Costa Rica?
- San José – the capital of Costa Rica.
- Cartago – the ancient capital of Costa Rica.
- Heredia – coffee plantations.
- Jacó – the Pacific coast’s tourist hotspot.
- Liberia – gateway to the beaches of Guanacaste.
- Puerto Limón – the Caribbean coast’s main city.
- San Isidro de El General – the Pacific south.