Why you should visit La Fortuna and the Arenal area: The most popular destination in Costa Rica is hands down La Fortuna. To start off it has an impressive waterfall and an active volcano. Then add in hot springs, a range of hotels from backpacker to luxury and you’ve got a great destination.
What is the nicest part of Costa Rica?
The Best Places to Visit in Costa Rica
- Puerto Viejo. Located on the Caribbean coast near Panama, Puerto Viejo is popular with young people and backpackers because of its great beaches, surfing, and party atmosphere. …
- Cahuita. …
- Tortuguero. …
- Corcovado. …
- Arenal. …
- Manuel Antonio. …
- Monteverde. …
- Poas Volcano.
What is the best city to live in Costa Rica?
17 Best Places to Live in Costa Rica
- Playa Hermosa and Playas del Coco.
- Playa Flamingo, Brasilito and Potrero Area.
- Lake Arenal. Guanacaste vs. Puntarenas. Puntarenas Province.
- Playa Jaco (Jaco Beach) Costa Ballena.
Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
The preferred spots for celebrities are: Papagayo Gulf in Guanacaste, Santa Teresa and Mal País in the South Pacific, Mel Gibson’s estate is located in Playa Barrigona, Guanacaste, some have been spotted in the area of La Fortuna de San Carlos, the remote and secluded Osa Península is a perfect area, and others in …
What is the most visited city in Costa Rica?
San José is the most popular destination in Costa Rica — More people are taking advantage of the international airport in Liberia and most people that arrive in San José don’t stick around too long but it still gets more visitors than any other place in Costa Rica.
Which side of Costa Rica has better beaches?
Costa Rica’s most beautiful beaches are located in northwest Costa Rica (Guanacaste, the Nicoya Peninsula) and the southern Caribbean (Puerto Viejo, Cahuita). In both regions you’ll find light sand, warm tropical water, and — when conditions are right — great surfing.
Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
Places to Avoid in Costa Rica
- Areas in San Jose: While San Jose is Costa Rica’s most popular tourist city, there are areas that you should avoid. …
- Quepos (gateway): Quite a few robberies have been happening in Quepos, a small town which acts as the gateway to the Manuel Antonio National Park.
What are the disadvantages of living in Costa Rica?
Though many aspects of Costa Rican living are decidedly first-world, the roads are not among them. Potholes, dips and cracks mark the roads so severely that cars can be damaged driving over them. Locals drive quickly and dangerously, passing where it is not safe to do so and not respecting the right of way.
Can Americans move to Costa Rica?
U.S. and Canadian citizens do not need a visa to visit Costa Rica as a tourist. However, they will need proof of a plan to leave Costa Rica within 90 days (i.e. a return plane ticket). Those looking to live in Costa Rica long-term have several visa options, including the Pensionado Program and the Rentista Program.
Is it expensive to live in Costa Rica?
Is it expensive to live in Costa Rica? Generally: no. The average cost of living in this tropical country is less than 2,000 USD, and most of that is due to housing costs. Expats who want to spend even less should look at studio apartments or places that are away from the main cities and tourist areas.
Where did Beyonce stay in Costa Rica?
Through photographs posted on the Tumblr account of the lovely Beyonce, we know that the couple stayed at the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, where they arrived shortly after landing at LIR.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft. …
- Go to the beach at night. …
- Buy drugs. …
- Speed. …
- Swim in front of a surf break. …
- Take a dip in the river. …
- Think you can get a base tan. …
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
Where did the Kardashians go tubing in Costa Rica?
The Springs Resort and Spa – Arenal, Costa Rica – Club Rio Outdoor Center River Tubing fun with the #Kardashians… | Facebook.
Where is the best area in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
What is the main city in Costa Rica?
San José, capital and largest city of Costa Rica. Cathedral in San José, Costa Rica. Situated in the broad, fertile Valle Central 3,800 feet (1,160 metres) above sea level, it was called Villa Nueva when it was settled in 1736.
Where should I stay in Costa Rica for the first time?
Manuel Antonio is probably the most tourist friendly destination in the country, making it one of the best places in Costa Rica for first time visitors. You can find all the services like ATMs, car rentals, banks, tour desks and souvenir shops. There are many buses that go to the national park and to town.