How many days should I spend in Guatemala City?
Guatemala may be small, but it has a lot to offer the adventurous and curious traveller. The Central America country, bordered by Mexico, Belize and Honduras offers volcanoes, beautiful colonial cities, and Mayan ruins. You’ll need at least 10 days to enjoy the best of Guatemala, and here’s a suggested itinerary.
What can you do in Guatemala for 5 days?
Guatemala Tour Package: 5 days
- Lake Atitlán.
- The streets around Antigua Guatemala.
- Mayan Temple in the Tikal National Park.
- Mayan influenced Indigenous Market.
- Santo Tomás Church in Chichicastenango.
- Antigua Guatemala.
What can you do in Guatemala for 7 days?
Lake Atitlan – Chichicastenango – Antigua – Tikal
- Valid: All Year.
- 1st Day: Arrival in Guatemala. …
- 2nd Day: Visit Chichi’s Market. …
- 3rd Day: Atitlan’s Villages. …
- 4th Day: Atitlan – Antigua. …
- 5th Day: Tikal Excursion. …
- 6th Day: Peten – Guatemala City. …
- 7th Day: Departure.
What can you do in Guatemala City for a week?
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Antigua. …
- Day 2: Bike Tour of Surrounding Villages, Farms, and Ruins. …
- Day 3: Hike Pacaya Volcano. …
- Day 4: Explore Lake Atitlan and Visit Indigenous Villages. …
- Day 5: Kayaking and Hiking at Lake Atitlan. …
- Day 6: Travel to Tikal. …
- Day 7: Explore the Mayan Ruins at Tikal. …
- Day 8: Departure.
What can you do in Guatemala for 10 days?
Guatemala 10-Day Tours & Itineraries
- Highlights of Guatemala – 10 Days. …
- Guatemalan Culture & Outdoor Tour: Cobán, Tikal National Park, Lake Atitlán, Antigua & More – 10 Days. …
- Incredible Guatemala: Antigua, Tikal, Cobán, & Huehuetenango – 10 Days.
What can you see in Guatemala in 3 days?
If you have more than three days in Guatemala, head to Petén, the cradle of the Mayan civilization. From there, you can explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tikal National Park and see the Mayan wonders at Yaxha. Contact us to plan your own custom journey to Guatemala.
How many days do you need in Antigua Guatemala?
Three to five days is the ideal time to spend in Antigua; wandering the streets, climbing the volcanoes, soaking up the traditions and brushing up on your Spanish.
How many days do you need at Lake Atitlan?
You need at least 3 days to explore the best bits of Lake Atitlan, take in the views from different vantage points, see a couple villages and experience local life. Although a week would be even better to give you the chance to stay in more than one village and try a few of the many activities on offer.
Is Antigua the same as Guatemala City?
When Santiago was demolished by an earthquake in 1773, the capital was moved 28 miles (45 km) to the site of Nueva Guatemala (“New Guatemala”)—now Guatemala City—and Santiago became known as Antigua Guatemala (“Guatemala of Old”) or Antigua. Richly painted low-level colonial buildings in Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala.
Is May a good time to visit Guatemala?
In summary, we can say that the best time to travel to Guatemala is as follows: The best months to visit Guatemala are January, February, March, April, November and December. In general, the warm months are February, March, April, May, July and August. The wettest months are May, June, August and September.
How do I get from Antigua to Tikal?
The normal way to get from Antigua to Tikal – Take an overnight bus from Guatemala City
- First, buy a shuttle from Antigua Guatemala to Guatemala city, buy the latest one that departs at 7pm. This will drop you off at the central bus station.
- Then in a separate transaction, you will need to buy your night bus ticket.
What is the best time to visit Guatemala?
The best time to visit Guatemala is during the dry season, which runs from November to April. However, the country has a pleasant climate that lends itself to year-round trips, with temperatures between 72°F and 90°F.