Although both airports (San Jose Intl & Liberia Intl Airport) have domestic flights, San Jose Intl (SJO) is the hub and it is much easier, cheaper & faster to travel from with domestic airlines. So if you are visiting the Caribbean, Pacific beaches in the south or the Central Valley, this is your hub.
Is it better to fly to Liberia or San Jose?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
Which Costa Rica airport is the best to fly into?
For the Caribbean, Central Pacific and all of southern Costa Rica SJO is your best bet. If you’re headed to the beaches of Guanacaste you’ll want to fly into LIR.
Is Liberia Costa Rica worth visiting?
No it’s not dangerous at all, it’s an amazing place, and yes it’s far from Manuel Antonio, a lot further than San Jose, but in reality if you make the trip from Libera to Manuel Antonio you can run across some amazing beaches and places to enjoy.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft. …
- Go to the beach at night. …
- Buy drugs. …
- Speed. …
- Swim in front of a surf break. …
- Take a dip in the river. …
- Think you can get a base tan. …
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
13 Top-Rated Beaches in Costa Rica
- The Beach of Manuel Antonio. Manuel Antonio National Park. …
- Santa Teresa Beach. Santa Teresa Beach. …
- Whale Tail Beach (Uvita) Whale Tail Beach. …
- Playa Tamarindo. Tamarindo Beach. …
- Playa Conchal. Playa Conchal. …
- Playa Flamingo. Playa Flamingo. …
- Montezuma Beach. …
- Playa Carrillo.
Which part of Costa Rica is the best to stay?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
Is Liberia Costa Rica safe?
Liberia has a high crime rate, from petty to serious. Find out how to stay safe and avoid crime while traveling. Most crimes in Liberia tend to be opportunity-based, and usually occur at night.
Which side is better in Costa Rica?
Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
Can u fly to Costa Rica right now?
U.S. citizens from all 50 states and Washington, D.C. can enter Costa Rica via air on flights departing from the United States. U.S. citizens from all 50 states and Washington, D.C. can enter Costa Rica via designated land border crossing sites.
Are there beaches in Liberia Costa Rica?
Liberia is characterized by its beautiful and breathtaking beaches, so it’s important to have a little bit of knowledge about them before scheduling a Liberia airport transfer. That’s why we’ll talk about the 3 main beaches that you’ll find by the area of Costa Rica’s Liberia airport.
Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
Costa Rica’s most beautiful beaches are located in northwest Costa Rica (Guanacaste, the Nicoya Peninsula) and the southern Caribbean (Puerto Viejo, Cahuita). In both regions you’ll find light sand, warm tropical water, and — when conditions are right — great surfing.
Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
4. Safest Beaches in Costa Rica: Where Can You Swim? With the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea pounding the other side, Costa Rica’s beaches are famous for having big waves and fast currents. These are perfect for surfing, but not so much for gentle, safe swimming.
What is the safest area in Costa Rica?
Tamarindo, Puerto Viejo and Drake Bay are the safest areas in Costa Rica. You’ll hardly find any crime here apart from the typical pickpocketing.
What I wish I knew before going to Costa Rica?
Things to Know Before Traveling to Costa Rica
Traffic is insane. Pack sunscreen and bug repellent. Always pack a raincoat. Don’t worry, you’re not traveling to a deserted jungle.
When should you not go to Costa Rica?
But if you have just a week or two to get away, there are certain times of year you’ll want to avoid. The rainiest months in general are September and October. During this time, you could have several days in a row with prolonged periods of rain, which can make it difficult to get out and explore.