Locals tend to be a bit more formal – many people where long pants for work and daytime activities and tend to dress up a bit more for night time. If you plan to hit a nightclub – your shorts and t-shirts will work fine (especially on the islands) but you will see many local women wearing dresses and heels.
What do locals wear in Belize?
Belize is a very casual country. You don’t need evening clothes or even a coat and tie or other U.S.-style business dress. You’ll live in tee-shirts, shorts, loose-fitting slacks and shirts. A really dressy occasion for men might require a guayaberra or collared shirt and long pants; for women a simple skirt or dress.
What type of clothing do they wear in Belize?
It’s hot and humid so casual clothes in lightweight natural fabrics (cotton, silk and linen) will work best. However the nights tend to be a little cooler on the coast or in the jungle so a sweater or wrap is worth popping in your case.
What can you not bring to Belize?
Avoid Catastrophe: What Not to pack for your Belize Vacation
- Firearms or ammunition. Belize has very strict gun control laws. …
- Diving Spear guns. Most diving businesses will provide diving spear guns for your use. …
- Drugs. Marijuana is still illegal to bring into Belize. …
- Beer. Bringing beer into Belize is illegal.
Do I need water shoes in Belize?
3. Make Sure to Pack Water Resistant Hiking Shoes for Belize. Shoes that are slip resistant with good traction are necessary if you’ll be doing any hiking or cave tours. You also want a pair of shoes that are waterproof or at least water resistant.
What jewelry is Belize known for?
1. Conch jewelry. Conch jewelry is in our list of must-buys in Belize, as it is a souvenir that you can wear and bring anywhere with you to remind you of your great vacation.
Can you drink the water in Belize?
The water in Belize City and San Ignacio is relatively safe to drink, but travelers often get a touch of diarrhea whenever they hit a foreign country, so always play it safe.
What language is spoke in Belize?
Languages of Belize. English is the official language of Belize, but most of the population also speaks a creole patois, and many Belizeans are multilingual. Yucatec, Mopán, and Kekchí are spoken by the Maya in Belize.
How do I prepare for Belize?
Know Before You Go
- Travel documents. …
- Establish a cost: low budget, mid-range or luxury vacation. …
- Choose a destination and the best time to visit. …
- Know what to do: attractions & activities. …
- Decide on how to get to Belize and how to get around. …
- Book your stay by top destinations. …
- Health and safety concerns.
Can I take a knife to Belize?
The Belize Eastern Police Division is both warning and reminding the general public on the laws on carrying items with a sharply pointed blade. According to police, carrying items with blades exceeding three inches between the hours of 8PM to 5AM or during public events is illegal.